Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Business Blogging Daily is out! http://t.co/OF029wT5 ▸ Top stories today via @homebasedbusina @coach4sm @alayusufshift @thinkwp
Business Blogging Daily is out! http://t.co/OF029wT5 ▸ Top stories today via @homebasedbusina @coach4sm @alayusufshift @thinkwp
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- What is a QR Code and what is a practical usage?
shortened URL goes to: http://erich13.posterous.com/embedding-albums-images-and-slideshows
- 5% of U.S. Adults Use QR Codes, Up From 1% Last Year [study] (readwriteweb.com)
- 5 Steps for a Successful QR Code Marketing Campaign (mashable.com)
- How to Create QR Codes (mycricket.com)
- Some Non-profits Eying QR Codes, But Should They? (marketingvox.com)
- Starbucks QR Codes Offer Rich Blend of Info (mashable.com)
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Monday, October 31, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
- InformationWeek's New Commenting System, Take 2 (informationweek.com)
- How To Plug SharePoint's Social Holes - The BrainYard - InformationWeek (danielbpatton.wordpress.com)
- Does Your Enterprise Need An App Store? (informationweek.com)
- Networking in the Age of Social: 5 Minutes with Ryan Paugh (monster.typepad.com)
- Zemanta now supports Drupal 7! (zemanta.com)
- Using Zemanta with Blogger (peterbijkerk.blogspot.com)
- Zemanta, Are You Listening? (stoweboyd.com)
- Twitter and message relevance (queuniversidade2.wordpress.com)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
At a recent Community Manager Breakfast meeting we discussed our favorite software. The best take away for me was Rapportive. Here's what ReadWriteWeb has to say about Rapportive, "Stop What You Are Doing & Install This Plug-In: Rapportive"
Here's what others are saying about Rapportive: rapportive.com/buzz
Rapportive says "Imagine relationship management built into your email. For free."
Perhaps it's time for me to put together a top 10 favorite software/apps list. Rapportive will be on this list.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Friday, September 30, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
50 companies made the Sacramento Business Journal’s annual fastest-growing companies list
Ah, to see the top 50 you have to pay for a premium subscription. "The full list of 50 is available in print or in our premium e-edition"
I know several people who will be interested in this.
Too bad I didn't hear about it until now.
Especially because it is SOLD OUT. Bummer.
The good news is that "You may join us for the Livestream of the event by RSVPing here" --- For Free!!! Nice!
The Mashable & 92Y Social Good Summit
Mashable and 92Y present a summit of today’s most inspirational and promising leaders discussing effective ways in which new media can help address the world’s challenges. By focusing on the UN’s Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) — being addressed in high-level plenary sessions at UN Week in September 2010 — the Mashable/92Y Social Good Summit celebrates the power and potential of new media to effect change. The Summit is presented in partnership with the United Nations Foundation, a public charity that advocates for the UN and provides a platform for connecting people, ideas and resources to help the UN solve global problems.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Image via Wikipedia
- One Local Search Ranking Factor I Disagree With (smallbusinesssem.com)
- Optimizing Your Google Places Page (seomoz.org)
- Where Were You One Year Ago Today - On Facebook? (mashable.com)
- So, You Own a Business. Do You Own it Online? (gingersocial.net)
- So, Where Are You? Actionable Local SEO Tactics From #SMX Advanced (aimclearblog.com)
- Hardcore Local SEO Tactics (outspokenmedia.com)
- 8 Brands That Have Found Success on Facebook & What We Can Learn (mashable.com)
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
I have one list:
And here are the lists which I follow, that are related to community managers:
Which curator has a list of community managers?Related articles
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Image by ericherberholz via Flickr
Too email-centric! Shifting to something more productive. activity-stream based enterprise 2.0 apps #podio #moxiesoftware #igloosoftware #blogtronix
- Blogtronix.com - "The Enterprise Social PlatformBlogtronix empowers organizations and employees to better communicate and share ideas online."
- moxiesoftware.com - "Enterprise social networking software and contact center software enabling organizations to use collaborate tools to innovate and communicate using business "
- Podio - "No dependency on IT. Get Podio, and start working the way you always wanted"
- IGLOO Software "is a social software company that builds online communities"
Site Comparison of podio.com (rank #143,481), moxiesoftware.com, igloosoftware.com (#2,945,020), blogtronix.com (#4,515,536)
- Acquia, Podio and Others Make Enterprise 2.0 Launchpad Finals. Who Should Win? (readwriteweb.com)
- Pop-Up Store Creates Buzz for Software Firm Podio (mashable.com)
- Activity Streams Spec Hits Version 1.0 (readwriteweb.com)
- Enterprise Social Networking Buyers' Guide (informationweek.com)
- VMware Acquires Enterprise Microblogging Company Socialcast (readwriteweb.com)
- Pop-up store helps launch new software platform (springwise.com)
- Virtual office startup Podio opens pop-up store celebrate launch [Video] (thenextweb.com)
Friday, May 27, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
- 5 Ways Social Media Has Changed Marketing Campaigns (mashable.com)
- The 3 Biggest Stories in Social Media & Tech This Morning (mashable.com)
- Why Online Communities Are Redefining the Concept of Local (mashable.com)
- Start Your Career in Social Media Marketing, Sales & Development (mashable.com)
- Exciting Job Opportunities in Social Media Marketing, Sales & Development(mashable.com)
- 5 Interesting Social Media Uses in Higher Ed (case.typepad.com)
- Four North West Social Media Events Where I Will Be This Spring (newcommbiz.com)
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- Go to is.gd
- Enter a long URL
- Hit the Enter/Return key or click on "Shorten!"
- see the shortened URL, which is pre-selected for immediate copying
- Click on "Give me this URL as a QR code"
google.com looks like this:
The ethics of is.gd (and why you should support us!)
Our URL shorteners is.gd and v.gd are not only be fully featured and easy to use, but are also guaranteed to be run in a completely ethical manner. Here are some of the things that we feel make us an ethical service that you can trust, with some further information below: -
- We pledge to support is.gd as a free service indefinitely and to not introduce charges for services we previously offered for free.
- We pledge never to place 3rd party advertising on the site.
- is.gd doesn't require registration and doesn't collect or track your personal details.
- We are fully carbon neutral.
- is.gd's development is driven by its users' interests, not by investors or shareholders.
- We are hosted and run entirely from the UK and comply fully with its laws.
- We make an API available free of charge so that other applications can harness is.gd.
- We have a clear policy on what we don't allow is.gd to be used for. This includes use for spam, phishing, viruses, adware or child pornography.
- We're one of the most proactive URL shorteners in preventing spam/misuse.
- In running and staffing the site we will never discriminate on the grounds of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or how much you like cake.
- We have a "small and friendly" approach to support - your emails will not be answered by a mindless corporate drone, in fact they're most often dealt with personally by is.gd's creator.
- Our other URL shortener, v.gd, is the only major one we know of that makes a link preview page the default when visiting shortened URLs, so consider using that instead if the confidence of people who click your links is important to you (we'd have liked to do this for is.gd as well but had to drop the feature since it caused issues with some legacy uses of our URLs).
Crowdsource the policing of being spammed in Facebook "I know I should never speak about this here in fb, but I thought I would mess..."
would message yóu from my new i Pad 2 that I just simþly obtaained for free.
Don't say to anyone but now there is a weebsite sendiing out free stuff tó
aany one that signs up.
that is wheré I got mine btw:
New Apple Company i Pad2 Marketresearch
Sunday, February 20, 2011
"Drupal (pronunciation: /ˈdruːpəl/) is a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. It is used as a back-end system for at least 1% of all websites worldwide ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political, and government sites including whitehouse.gov and data.gov.uk. It is also used for knowledge management and business collaboration." (Drupal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
- "Drupal is a free software package that allows anyone to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website. Hundreds of thousands of people and organizations are using Drupal to power an endless variety of sites." (About Drupal | drupal.org)
- "Drupal meets the needs of different types of web sites from community to news portals, from corporate sites to educational institutions, from media sites to international sites. Learn about the building blocks that power these sites in Drupal CMS Features." (Sites Made with Drupal | drupal.org)
- "Drupal 7 is recommended for most new websites. A large number of modules and themes are already available for it." (Get Started with Drupal | drupal.org)
- "Where is the Drupal Community?" (Community & Support | drupal.org)
- "This is one of the most active job listings for Drupal site builders, developers, and themers. It contains a mix of full time positions, free lance contracts, training requests, and other smaller paid tasks." (Drupal Jobs | groups.drupal.org)
What is community?
"In sociology, the concept of community has led to significant debate, and sociologists are yet to reach agreement on a definition of the term" (Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
"The word "community" is derived from the Old French communité which is derived from the Latin communitas (cum, "with/together" + munus, "gift"), a broad term for fellowship or organized society.
Since the advent of the Internet, the concept of community no longer has geographical limitations, as people can now virtually gather in an online community and share common interests regardless of physical location." (Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
"Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft - German sociologist Ferdinand Tönnies distinguished between two types of human association: Gemeinschaft (usually translated as "community") and Gesellschaft ("society" or "association"). In his 1887 work, Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft, Tönnies argued that Gemeinschaft is perceived to be a tighter and more cohesive social entity, due to the presence of a "unity of will." He added that family and kinship were the perfect expressions of Gemeinschaft, but that other shared characteristics, such as place or belief, could also result in Gemeinschaft. This paradigm of communal networks and shared social understanding has been applied to multiple cultures in many places throughout history. Gesellschaft, on the other hand, is a group in which the individuals who make up that group are motivated to take part in the group purely by self-interest. He also proposed that in the real world, no group was either pure Gemeinschaft or pure Gesellschaft, but, rather, a mixture of the two." (Gemeinschaft_and_Gesellschaft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
"Gemeinschaft (often translated as community) is an association in which individuals are oriented to the large association as much if not more than to their own self interest. Furthermore, individuals in Gemeinschaft are regulated by common mores, or beliefs about the appropriate behavior and responsibility of members of the association, to each other and to the association at large; associations marked by "unity of will" (Tönnies, 22). " (Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)