Sunday, October 16, 2011

Editorial Calendar

Wanting to explain to my clients and colleagues, what an "Editorial Calendar" is, I searched for "Editorial Calendar tools" and found...
Reimagining starts with an editorial calendar. I use an Excel spreadsheet for mine, and have several columns: Posting date, type, purpose bucket (borrowed from Jason Falls), media/links, comments, subscribers, other. My spreadsheet has a dual purpose, schedule and brainstorm. But after reading Content Rules, I decided I needed two more columns on my editorial calendar: reimagine and purpose bucket.   Don't Just Recycle--Reimagine! by Chris Syme @cksyme
And reading this article by Chris Syme, I then proceeded to tweet, to inform my Twitter followers. 
Which led me to write this post, here.
Any other good tools or articles that you know about?
Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
an Editorial Calendar "gives a big picture view of where your content is going and keeps the content engaging" bit.ly/pZuWg4

Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
@cksyme "Reimagining starts with an editorial calendar. I use an Excel spreadsheet for mine, and have several columns"bit.ly/pZuWg4
Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
with Editorial Calendar "writing became a pleasure again" "posts were better" "more organized" "actually liked my job" bit.ly/n1sGS5
Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
without Editorial Calendar, "missed deadlines, wrote uninteresting posts...wasn’t meeting the goals...set for myself" bit.ly/n1sGS5
Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
"An editorial calendar is simply a schedule of where you are writing, what topics you plan to cover, and when..." bit.ly/n1sGS5
Eric Herberholz
erich13 Eric Herberholz 
@BlogHer "I began using an editorial calendar and I can't recommend it enough" bit.ly/n1sGS5
Related articles
Zemanta helped me add links & pictures to this email. It can do it for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment