Image via Wikipedia
"Q: I’m a small business entrepreneur, and I’ll be introducing a consumer product soon. Should I create a website for my company or a Facebook fan page?
A: I faced a similar question a few weeks ago for my book, Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions. I had three options: create a site for the book, add a section for the book to my existing website, or create a Facebook fan page.
After five minutes of thoughtful deliberation, I decided to add a bare-bones section to my website (which I haven’t gotten around to do yet—which should tell you something) and create a Facebook fan page but not to create a website for the book. Here’s why I did not choose a website" - read more
Wow, awesome timing!
This is the very subject that I have been studying, in order to best advise my clients. Since there's no one-size-fits-all, will continue to study and read up on this subject ("Facebook Fan Page or Website?"). Better to be prepared, after listening to clients, such that the recommendation fits the clients style, needs, etc.
- Thanks to Mashable's Socially Savvy Supporters (mashable.com)
- Get Noticed on Facebook's Page Browser (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- HOW TO: Build an App for Your Small Business (mashable.com)
- Facebook page vs. websites; Guy vs. Todd (e1evation.com)
- HOW TO: Get the Most From a Small Business Social Media Presence (mashable.com)
- How Do I Get People to "Like" My Facebook Page? (blogs.constantcontact.com)