Many URL shortening services are available. Some offer the ability for the user to create a custom short URL. For example, cli.gs offers this feature (custom short URL).
To make a custom short URL using cli.gs...
- Register with cli.gs to create a new account
- Go to the Cligs Tools page. Look for "Shorten Link @ Cli.gs". Drag the "Shorten Link @ Cli.gs" bookmarklet link to your browser bookmarks/favorites.
- Navigate to the page, where you want to send people to
- In your bookmarks/favorites, click on the cli.gs bookmarklet ("Shorten Link @ Cli.gs")
- In the "Create New Clig" window that opens, make sure that you were/are logged in to Cligs. If you are not, it will say "You are not logged in". If you are not logged in, login.
- Click on the "Edit this clig" button, to begin the process of creating the custom short URL
- Replace the autogenerated short URL, at the end of "Rename clig to http://cli.gs/", with the desired custom short URL
- Click "Rename Clig"